Bar or tavern liability is an important area of the law. If the drunk driver that hit you left a bar that served that person too much alcohol, the bar could be wholly or partially responsible for the accident.
Bars and taverns have a duty not to serve visibly intoxicated individuals. They may have a duty to ensure that an intoxicated patron does not drive their vehicle and cause a hazard.
If you or a loved one was injured due to a drunk driver that left a bar or tavern, you may need to pursue a claim against that institution. As this is a tricky area of the law, you need guidance from a lawyer. Call the team at Diamond & Diamond™ for your free consultation.
STEPS TO TAKE IF YOU’VE BEEN IN AN ACCIDENT WITH A DRUNK DRIVER:
- Stop and assess the situation
- Call 911
- If you are physically able to, get as much information from everyone at the accident scene especially any witnesses. Write down the tag numbers of the vehicles involved in the accident
- Take pictures of the damage to your vehicle and any other vehicle involved in the accident
- Only speak to the police officer
- Review the police report and make sure all of the information is accurate
- Call Diamond & Diamond™ immediately at 1-800-567-HURT™(4878)