It seems like we hear about more and more recalls from car manufacturers then ever before. Some of these defects are minor. Some of these defects can cause a safety hazard in your vehicle and cause or contribute to your accident.
For example, the brakes could fail, the airbags could not deploy, the seat belts do not work or the steering could lock. Defects could cause an accident or worsen your injuries.
If you suspect a defect it is important to retain an expert immediately. An engineer needs to inspect the vehicle for defects prior to it being destroyed. If you believe your vehicle was defective causing an accident or injuries, contact the team at Diamond & Diamond™.
STEPS TO TAKE IF YOU’VE BEEN IN A CAR ACCIDENT WITH A DEFECTIVE CAR:
- Stop and assess the situation
- Call 911
- If you are physically able to, get as much information from everyone at the accident scene especially any witnesses. Write down the tag numbers of the vehicles involved in the accident
- Take pictures of the damage to your vehicle and any other vehicle involved in the accident
- Only speak to the police officer
- Review the police report and make sure all of the information is accurate
- Call Diamond & Diamond™ immediately at 1-800-567-HURT™(4878)