We are seeing time and time again that drivers are getting into accidents due to roadway hazards. An object falling off another vehicle, a tire dislodging from another vehicle, debris from another accident or improperly stopping a vehicle in the middle of the roadway are just some of the ways that road hazards are created.
Regardless of whether or not you know the identity of the other motor vehicle, you are covered through your policy for this loss. If you were injured due to someone else causing a hazard in the road, contact the team at Diamond & Diamond™ for a free consultation.
STEPS TO TAKE IF YOU’VE BEEN IN AN ACCIDENT DUE TO DEBRIS IN THE ROAD:
- Stop and assess the situation
- Call 911
- If you are physically able to, get as much information from everyone at the accident scene especially any witnesses. Write down the tag numbers of the vehicles involved in the accident
- Take pictures of the damage to your vehicle and any other vehicle involved in the accident
- Only speak to the police officer
- Review the police report and make sure all of the information is accurate
- Call Diamond & Diamond™ immediately at 1-800-567-HURT™(4878)