T-bone accidents are fairly common, but also a little tricky. In these cases, it is not always cut and dry who is at fault for the accident. Usually, the person making the turn is at fault, although there are many exceptions. For example, the other driver was speeding or was running a red light.
Sometimes, the fault is split evenly. It is imperative you get the right advice before proceeding with this type of case. Call the team at Diamond & Diamond™ to get an opinion and find out if you are at fault for your T-bone accident.
We will review the police report and provide you with the right advice on how to proceed with your claim.
STEPS TO TAKE IF YOU’VE BEEN IN A T-BONE ACCIDENT:
- Stop and assess the situation
- Call 911
- If you are physically able to, get as much information from everyone at the accident scene especially any witnesses. Write down the tag numbers of the vehicles involved in the accident
- Take pictures of the damage to your vehicle and any other vehicle involved in the accident
- Only speak to the police officer
- Review the police report and make sure all of the information is accurate
- Call Diamond & Diamond™ immediately at 1-800-567-HURT™(4878)