Pedestrians are everywhere. From metropolitan hubs to rural streets, pedestrians and pedestrian accidents span across Ontario. When you are crossing a street, whether at an intersection or in the middle of road, vehicles not keeping a proper lookout can put you in danger.
Pedestrians often experience serious injuries, as they have no protection when a vehicle knocks them down. Tragically, children are often victims of these types of accidents, usually while playing with their friends or chasing a ball into the street.
If you’re driving on the road, be on the lookout for senior citizens and children.
If you or a loved one is injured by a vehicle that failed to keep a proper lookout, call us at Diamond & Diamond™ for a free consultation.
STEPS TO TAKE IF YOU ARE INJURED AS A PEDESTRIAN:
- Stop and assess the situation
- Call 911
- If you are physically able to, get as much information from everyone at the accident scene especially any witnesses. Write down the tag numbers of the vehicles involved in the accident
- Take pictures of the damage to your vehicle and any other vehicle involved in the accident
- Only speak to the police officer
- Review the police report and make sure all of the information is accurate
- Call Diamond & Diamond™ immediately at 1-800-567-HURT™(4878)