Your Real Estate Lawyers in Burlington
There are already so many people involved in even a modest real estate transaction, it’s understandable for people to assume that they don’t need to add another one into the mix by getting a real estate lawyer to represent them throughout this process.
It’s understandable – but at the same time, it’s a potentially devastating mistake that you cannot afford to make.
Real Estate Lawyers across Ontario and Alberta
In truth, there are a wide range of different reasons why having a good real estate lawyer in Burlington by your side is very much a good idea. This is true regardless of whether you’re the buyer, the seller or aren’t actually negotiating the purchase or sale of a property at all.
What to Look for in a Good Real Estate Lawyer
Before you select any real estate attorney, there are a few key qualities you should always look for:
- Those attorneys should have experience not only in real estate in general, but within the specific market that you’re operating in. Every area is a bit different from the next, so you need to have someone in your corner who knows the ins and outs of an area like Burlington.
- You always want someone with many years of experience handling transactions like yours and others. At Diamond & Diamond, we have decades of combined experience in all these matters.
- Transparency. You should always find out up front how someone will handle your case (by way of something of a consultation before you sign anything), how billing will be handled, and more. At Diamond & Diamond, not only do we offer free, no obligation consultations – we’ll also always treat you with the honesty and integrity to which you are entitled.
All of this can help you make sure that you’re not only ending up with someone who is capable of handling your transaction from start to finish, but who will also always put the client first to avoid any nasty surprises later on.
At Diamond & Diamond, we have experience in a wide range of different real estate-related functions and services for you to choose from depending on your needs. These include but are certainly not limited to things like:
- Real estate transactions involving both residential and commercial properties – each of which require their own unique approach to get things right.
- Reviewing and preparing residential or commercial leases.
- Preparing both purchase and sale agreements – both of which are critical to the success of any real estate transactions.
- Title searches prior to the purchase of a property, which can help shed light on potential problems like judgments or unpaid taxes that can cause much larger (and more expensive) issues as closing draws near.
- Securing title insurance, both for brand new and existing properties.
- And much, much more.
The specific tasks that a real estate lawyer will perform may change depending on whether you are a buyer or a seller, but their overarching goal in the proceedings will not. They’re a trusted advisor who is always available to not only make sure that the transaction is proceeding as smoothly as possible, but to also protect the best interests of their clients – no matter what.
Keep in mind that by their very nature, contract negotiations are always a complicated (and often confusing) process. If you’re not incredibly careful at every turn, you could find yourself selling a property at far below market value – or worse, purchasing a property where the reality is a lot different than you were led to believe because it had ultimately been misrepresented by the other side.
From the moment you sign a contract, you have shown a clear intent to either purchase or sell the property in question. You are now fully committed to seeing that transaction through to the end, regardless of whether new information has come to light. Therefore, the right real estate lawyers will help you experience all the excitement that comes along with navigating the world of real estate with as few of the potential downsides as possible.
Why a Good Real Estate Lawyer is More Important Than You Think
If you had to sum up all of the major benefits that Burlington real estate lawyers bring to the table for transactions like yours in a single word, that word would undoubtedly be “protection.”
Let’s say you’re about to buy a property, for example. It doesn’t matter whether it’s your first purchase or just another in a long line, there are certain issues that you likely won’t be able to catch on your own that a real estate attorney will offer assistance with.
Unless your deal to buy a home is structured in just the right way, you could easily find yourself buying a home or a commercial building that has been totally misrepresented – and you’ll be without any type of legal resource to speak of at the same time. Likewise, do you know exactly what courses of action are available to you if the property fails an inspection? Do you know how to check a contract very carefully for hidden fees, or for the types of clauses that are not only atypical but that also go against your best interests? A real estate lawyer in Burlington does.
The same is true if you happen to be the seller in a transaction, too. If the sales contract that you’re operating under isn’t worded in just the right way, you could expose yourself to fairly significant liability issues – even long after you’ve assumed that the property was out of your life.
A real estate lawyer can not only help make sure that you’re protected in the event that your buyer discovers some type of major problem after the purchase, but they can also help ward off buyers who might back out of the deal at the last minute. You won’t have to worry about buyers who fail to complete their parts of the process (including any and all financial obligations), either – that’s what your real estate lawyer is for.
These are all issues you shouldn’t have to worry about – and with the right real estate attorney by your side, you won’t have to.
Contact Diamond & Diamond Today
If you’re about to enter into a complicated real estate transaction and want to make sure that you have someone who will stand by your side and protect your best interests, understand that that’s precisely what we’re here for at Diamond & Diamond.
At Diamond & Diamond, we have decades of combined experience in nearly all aspects of the real estate industry. Whether you’re buying or selling a home, are looking to transfer a title, need help negotiating a contract or something else entirely – we’re honored for the opportunity to leverage our unique and innovative blend of experience to your advantage.
So if you’d like to find out more information about how we’ve been able to earn the reputation as the best real estate lawyer Burlingtonhas to offer over the years, or if you’d just like to discuss the specifics of your own situation with a professional in a bit more detail, please don’t hesitate to contact Diamond & Diamond today.
Likewise, you can always call 1-888-INFO-LAW for your totally free, no obligation consultation.