When you have a legal issue, it is important that you have the right advice and support. This is certainly the case for commercial real estate transactions. In that situation, you want to be sure that you hire one that has the right experience.
Buying commercial real estate is quite different from other kinds of property transactions. Many of these deals are quite complex and usually, there is a lot of money involved. So, it is not wise to buy something like a factory, retail outlet, workshop, or offices, without the right type of legal assistance. So, you really should seek out a lawyer that specializes in commercial real estate.
What are Commercial Real Estate Lawyers?
You need to look for someone that has the following types of expertise:
- A working experience of the laws and rules that have an impact on commercial properties and their owners in your area
- An understanding of the typical cost of commercial property in the area you are planning to buy
- Familiarity with national and local business laws
- A complete understanding of contract law, including the many special clauses that relate to the different types of commercial property
Unsurprisingly, given the complexity of the laws and processes surrounding commercial property transactions, some lawyers have decided to specialise in this area. We take on a lot of these cases and have built up a reputation for being able to easily handle even the most complicated deals.
What Does a Commercial Real Estate Lawyer do for a Buyer?
Regardless of where you are in your commercial real estate buying journey, consulting a commercial real estate lawyer can benefit you. They will be able to provide you with the following services:
- Legal representation
- Review and prepare all of the relevant documents. Including those that relate to purchase agreements, any mortgage, the title, and transfer documents
- Ensure that the transfer is legal, binding and that it is in the best interests of you as our clients
- Write title insurance policies
- Complete the title searches on the property
- Handle the transfer of funds for the purchase
- Resolve any real estate disputes. For example, with the chain of title, lot line problems, or other contract-related issues
- Do everything possible to ensure the process moves as quickly
What Does a Commercial Real Estate Lawyer do for a Seller?
If you are the seller, it is also important to hire an experienced commercial real estate lawyer. They will take you through each of the necessary steps to complete your real estate sale successfully.
When you hire us, we will do the following for you:
- Provide legal representation
- Guide you during the listing phase, especially when it comes to negotiating the terms and conditions of the deal
- Prepare the closing documents during the listing stage
- Fully review the purchase and sale agreement before you sign it, to limit your risk as the seller
- Deliver important documents, such as the deed, to the buyer or the buyer’s lawyer
No matter what type of commercial real estate issues you’re currently facing right now, our expert lawyers from Diamond & Diamond can help you. Book a call today.
Benefits of Hiring a Commercial Real Estate Lawyer
When you do, you will benefit greatly. We will:
- Offer you advice that will protect you and reduce the risk of your experiencing issues
- Save you time
- Help you to make sure that the price is right
- Make sure that the transaction is a legitimate one
- Make you aware of the zoning laws that are relevant in your case
- Prepare you for potential issues
- Assist you with the negotiations
When to Hire Commercial Real Estate Lawyer
Regardless of the type of commercial real estate deal, you are involved in, you should hire a lawyer with the relevant experience. It is especially important in the following circumstances:
- When litigation or disputes arise during a real estate transaction
- When the arrangements are particularly complicated
- When you are unsure of the legalities of the transactions
Diamond & Diamond has the expert lawyers you need. So, please get in touch with us and let us guide you through any real estate purchase or sale. We offer a free commercial real estate consultation.
PRO TIP :
“Take your time in searching for the commercial real estate agent for your next transactions.”