There are a variety of different ways a bicyclist can get injured. Heavy traffic and cars that do not obey the rules of the road put bicyclists at risk.
If you are a bicyclist and a vehicle has struck you down, you may be entitled to compensation. Whether you have insurance or not, you still can recover compensation for pain and suffering, loss of income and other types of damages.
Unlike the driver of a vehicle, a bicyclist has no sturdy shell for protection. Injuries suffered as the result of being struck by a car often end up being serious or permanent in nature.
If you or a loved one has been injured by a car while riding your bicycle, call Diamond & Diamond™ for your free consultation.
STEPS TO TAKE IF YOU’VE BEEN IN A BICYCLE ACCIDENT:
- Stop and assess the situation
- Call 911
- If you are physically able to, get as much information from everyone at the accident scene especially any witnesses. Write down the tag numbers of the vehicles involved in the accident
- Take pictures of the damage to your vehicle and any other vehicle involved in the accident
- Only speak to the police officer
- Review the police report and make sure all of the information is accurate
- Call Diamond & Diamond™ immediately at 1-800-567-HURT™(4878)