Texting, phone calls, eating, putting on make-up and checking emails are just some of the ways drivers are distracted on our roads. It is imperative that drivers be alert and aware of their surroundings while operating a motor vehicle. Distracted driving is becoming more and more responsible for many road-related fatalities.
Victims of injury as a result of a careless driver should be compensated for those that choose to concentrate on anything but the road.
If you or a loved one has been injured as a result of a distracted driver, contact the legal team at Diamond & Diamond™. Our team can ensure that you get the compensation you deserve.
STEPS TO TAKE IF YOU’VE BEEN THE VICTIM OF A DISTRACTED DRIVER:
- Stop and assess the situation
- Call 911
- If you are physically able to, get as much information from everyone at the accident scene especially any witnesses. Write down the tag numbers of the vehicles involved in the accident
- Take pictures of the damage to your vehicle and any other vehicle involved in the accident
- Only speak to the police officer
- Review the police report and make sure all of the information is accurate
- Call Diamond & Diamond™ immediately at 1-800-567-HURT™(4878)