Negligent Roadway maintenance and design is an extremely complicated area of the law that requires experts and engineers. Governments will often have local roadways that are inherently dangerous by design. They are either missing signage or do not have proper intersection control.
It is important to retain the right law firm with a team of experts that can investigate the road design and evaluate whether or not it is reasonable. We will research traffic incidents in the area and get our experts out there quickly to make a decision before conditions change.
Failure to maintain the roads is increasingly important. Municipalities have a duty to reasonably maintain their roads and keep them free from debris and snow and ice. While they are not held to a level of perfection, they do have a duty to keep streets safe.
If you are injured due to negligent maintenance or design, call the team at Diamond & Diamond™.
STEPS TO TAKE IF YOU’VE BEEN IN ACCIDENT DUE TO NEGLIGENT MAINTENANCE OR DESIGN:
- Stop and assess the situation
- Call 911
- If you are physically able to, get as much information from everyone at the accident scene especially any witnesses. Write down the tag numbers of the vehicles involved in the accident
- Take pictures of the damage to your vehicle and any other vehicle involved in the accident
- Only speak to the police officer
- Review the police report and make sure all of the information is accurate
- Call Diamond & Diamond™ immediately at 1-800-567-HURT™(4878)